Learn the informal and spoken French of France that is often missing from grammar books and textbooks!
Informal and Spoken French is a PDF e-book (over 200 pages!) that includes:
- reductions in speech in informal conversation,
- differences in grammar between formal and informal language,
- colloquial and slang vocabulary for common topics,
- fill-in-the-blank exercises and transcripts for 61 audio files of spontaneous, unrehearsed French,
- numerous realia images and photos taken in France, Belgium, and Switzerland of public signs, menus, brochures, etc. so you can see how French is used in real life,
- nearly TWO hours of audio files (91 mp3s) by several native speakers of European French.
For French teachers, the exercises and transcripts are also available in Word format for easier editing and printing if you plan to use them in your classes. Online exercises are also available to test your knowledge of informal vocabulary as well as your listening comprehension skills of spoken French.
Informal and Spoken French comes with FREE lifetime updates to the e-book and mp3s!
If you would also like to buy French Language Tutorial - a complete overview of French grammar and vocabulary with five hours of audio files - check out the combined French Tutorial + Informal French pack for a savings of 20%!
About the author:
Dr. Jennifer Wagner lived in France for five years before relocating to Australia, where she earned her PhD in Applied Linguistics and taught first and second year French. She is the author of the Say it in French: New Edition phrase book and the translator of Great French Short Stories of the Twentieth Century: A Dual-Language Book, both published by Dover Publications. She has been the author and web developer of ielanguages.com for nearly two decades.